For those of you who won't care, I just am loving this evening, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Fourth of July. Well, actually, the fact that I got paid time and a half today probably helped my mood :).
6:25 - Get off work, go see Starbucks friends, find out Shanden is too tired to go to Harrisburg festivities. Much as I adore Shanden, I'm kind of relieved--I'm tired, too. And hungry.
7:00 - Get myself at home, find that ricotta cheese is frozen and spoiled, and instead make really simple pasta. Oh, and change into a t-shirt and shorts.
7:30 - Watch "Two and a Half Men," in honor of my father, because it's his favorite show, and, well, because Charlie Sheen just plays a great idiot.
8:00 - Catch the tail end of "Return of the Jedi." I had to run upstairs to grab my ewok. Yes, I have an ewok. I think his name is Ben. [Side tangent: you remember that iconic scene at the end of the movie when everybody's dancing and Luke sees a vision of Ben Kenobi, Yoda, and his father? In the version I just watched, which has apparently been updated, his father's likeness is in the form of Hayden Christensen. WHAT?! That's supposed to be Sebastian Shaw, not the pretty boy that was cast for the lame new ones. Anyhow...]
9:00 - Settle in with Slaughterhouse Five for the second night in a row
10:00 - Decide I can't handle Vonnegut anymore, and head off to take a bath filled with notes of lavender, patchouli, and Chopin. It was lovely.
11:00 - Write a pointless blog post, in part to say that I think, maybe, almost, I might be getting through depression. I'm now listening to Faure, and I'm in love with life.
15 years ago

2 comments:
glad you had such a lovely, relaxing day :) that's wonderful that you might be getting out of depression - it's great to be in love with life :)
so, i'm apparently weeks behind on reading your blog. but i just read this entry. and i loved it. and i understand how much is behind and under it... and life is a good thing to love. :)
Post a Comment