I love the world of open source. I don't know how I could ever go back to paying for information (which some folks would hate, hate, hate me for saying... but who cares, I'm a socialist :)). Today, I'm being entranced by the wonderful world of Wikipedia. When I went to their homepage, they had Idlewild Park as their featured article--this happens to be the amusement park I went to for many, many summers while growing up. Also, I think my class had a senior picnic there.
The real reason I went to Wikipedia, though, was to find more about May Day. The BBC and all sorts of other folks have photo galleries of May Day celebrations and riots, and I wanted to see what all the excitement was about. This is what I love about random days devoted to random things: I get to spend the day thinking and learning about something I otherwise would have been oblivious to. On world philosophy day, I read a book on Wittgenstein.
On May 1, I'll be wearing red, and maybe leave a basket of goodies on someone's doorstep.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment